Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Notebook

Saw 'The Notebook' the other day. A good movie in all which throws to you another definition of LOVE. There was this handsome young man who fell in love with a ravishing young lady. The movies goes through with fine display of emotional love running between them. This lady is from an opulent background and the boy from a mediocre family. This forms the demarcation between them laid down by her parents. For reasons predictable the pair get separated despite the lady being defiant to her parents decision. Both had faith in their relationship. Both had the urge to be together. He penned down 365 letters a year in a hope to be together again, but in vain. Her parents kept her away from the letters. Emotions buried deep into their hearts. The second half cycles through interesting phases with the man standing on his own feet, building a magnificient house. The lady now falls in love with another person who is affluent and thus captures her parents wishes. They get engaged and when the lady gets to know about this person, her eyes reflected the buried emotions.
The melodramatic dialogues follow. She expresses what its like being with her first love and the person to whom she is engaged. With thoughts running away, she listens to her heart and goes back to her love.

This entire story is capsuled in a book being narrated by an old man(the boy) to his love(who is suffering from memory loss) in an attempt to get back her to life.
The one thing which moved my heart is the man's intense revelation of love to his love.
For me Love means nothing but inspiration. You being an inspiration to her, and she being an inspiration to you. I feel there should be no compromises, no sacrifices and not saying sorry. It should turn out to be strong and meaningful. So our inner beauty adds values to our life. Our daily life should be supplemented with the addition of virtuous qualities to our inner self. Love is a virtue which we are yet to understand.

A little peice which I love...few lines from 'Only Hope' by Switchfoot.

There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write
over and over again
I'm awake and in the infinite cold
But You sing to me over and over and
over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
And pray to be only Yours
I pray to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope



3 comments:

desperado said...

for me
when you like a person's positive sides it is attarction

but when you enjoy his stupidity, appreciate his shortcomings and kow he is not perfect that is love

Blogger said...

it's nice film magnificently depicted on the silver screen by the director and gracefully penned down by you in this blog
it's very much true buddy ,there shud be no compromises,no sacrifices ,no saying sorry in love and there shud be proper understanding and faith between the two cos it's no business

johney said...

I loved the movie. The intense love they shared was something which came alive out.

Freedom and tyranny

Little Giant - Roo Panes Pennies in the Fountain - Glen Hansard Zombie - The Cranberries Ith Naheen - Sanam Marvi What is the basis of freed...