Monday, November 07, 2005

School days..

Ever since I finished schooling, my delirious state of mind was even more delirious because I was exposed to making new decisions. Not to mention the melancholy that surmounted me as I left behind the best days of my life. I replenish my Heart's tributary of emotion with these bygone days to reflect back and eventually let them flow back into the river of eternal memories. Of the 8 years I spent at school, I have grown to choose my intimate friends and develop a good relationship with my teachers.

The first 4 or 5 years were fun and frolic type. In general everyone will be oblivious to what exactly is happening round him in his childhood. We just mingle with everyone in no time. Somedays were in my favour and some not--When everybody does the homework n I am the only one left out in class...n on the top if I am to face a stern teacher my day ends!. Some cheerful and some sorrowful. Sometimes I become a subject of mockery and sometimes I rule my thoughts -- Reminiscing upon this, I was once told to prove the similarity of triangles on the black board. It went very well. All of a sudden everyone in the class burst out into laughter. I even remember our math sir also laughing loud. I took a few paces back from the board and came to know that I was very very bad in drawing the triangles. They were long enough to fit the board!! Added to this, I also started laughing like hell.

Somedays were dull but most of the times comical--when rain god casts his spell, the games period is cancelled..gosh it sucks!!. Sometimes I am in peril(owing to my bad demeanor), n sometimes lucky. These mix of days were pivotal in moulding myself in one way or other. The crests n troughs are common. Infact one develops that ability to manage things in school when something goes wrong. Then again the teachers who played a special part. There was Mr. Bosco who was our NCC head as well as our english teacher. He was my source of inspiration. I can never forget Ms damayanthi..coz she is the only teacher who keeps an eye on girls all the time(we boys arent blind though!). She believes girls are more naughty than we boys. Can imagine the length of fun we used to have in that class!! Mr Abhraham whose famous lines "why do u'll howl like junglies" still echoes in my mind.

2 yrs in ncc gave me a lot. It gave me proper momentum to make a strong decision to join the armed forces. A challenge recognised correctly but worked upon weakly is the only reason I could throw up for not making it come true. Nevertheless, I kept moving. But its not a speck in an ocean which gets washed away in due time. That challenge is again an inspiration to take up the coming challenges.

I wish I could again go back in time and sit in the class listening to Mr Bosco explaining the English poems. But I am afraid the joy will also be gone.

3 comments:

desperado said...

school-the best place
n ya english was my fav subject.
n many teachers played a part in it.

nice post brought back memories of gr8 times

johney said...

Yes, it feels good to reminicise about one's past. But it is not good to dwell on dreams. Many people have wasted their life in it.

For me not one thought was to be given either to the past or the future. The first was a page so heavenly sweet -- so deadly sad -- that to read one line of it would dissolve my courage and break down my energy. The last was an awful blank: something like the world when the deluge was gone by.

Anonymous said...

School is a big repository of memories. Whenever I wanna fantasize about anything, I dive into school folder in my brain and always return with a treasure of a memory to cherish and relive...Your post was equivalent to that dive into the folder of school memories...
Keep it up man ...

Freedom and tyranny

Little Giant - Roo Panes Pennies in the Fountain - Glen Hansard Zombie - The Cranberries Ith Naheen - Sanam Marvi What is the basis of freed...