Monday, September 28, 2026

Trane

Symbolic - Death
Vessels - Be'lakor
Close to a World Below - Immolation
Those Once Loyal - Bolt Thrower
Ghost Reveries - Opeth

Records I cherish. For the world is awash with the sound of metal, clinks, chugs, riffs ...

Snakes For The Divine - High On Fire 

Chromatic Grammatic - Lydian Nadhaswaram
Your Queen Is A Reptile - Sons of Kemet
Rising Son - Takuya Kuroda 

Free Jazz territory was pretty overwhelming at first, but I think the ears are getting adjusted to it and I am drawing out certain harmonies. Coltrane's entire body of work is a lifetime's worth of exploration. Picturing myself sitting at the Village Vanguard in the 60's when these titans of Jazz were regulars, and soaking up the aura of the music being played. The absolute mythical setting! Hagiography gets to you, and without discounting any of the modern artists who keep pushing the genre - I must say that there is a certain experience with discovering Coltrane and his work. 

Interstellar Space - John Coltrane

No comments:

Trane

Symbolic - Death Vessels - Be'lakor Close to a World Below - Immolation Those Once Loyal - Bolt Thrower Ghost Reveries - Opeth Records I...